To Technical Manual Project Index
18. Next highlight the subhead.
19. In the Measurements palette enter a point size of
24 points and click the button for bold type style.
Leave the leading at 14 points. We are going to create
a style sheet from these settings. The only time you
would want 24 points of leading is where you would have
a multi-line subhead. In that case you could apply a
local format to that subhead only.
20. This is a view of the style formatting for the subheads.
Now we can create a style sheet for subheads.
21. Click Edit > Style Sheets.
22. In the dialog, click New > Paragraph.
23. Enter "Subhead" in the name field. Make
sure your example looks like the one below (Based On =
No Style, Next Style = Self, Character Attributes
Style = Default). Then click "OK".
The easy way to setup style sheets is to select
text and format it the way you want. Then
simply click Edit > Style Sheets and click
New > Paragraph. Quark will have
it all setup for you. At that point all you have
to do is give your new style sheet a name.
24. Next, with the first subhead still selected click
Style > Paragraph Style Sheet > Subhead.
This won't change its appearance but it will tag it with
the "Subhead" style. Continue entering subheads,
highlighting and tagging them with the "Subhead"
Here To Continue...